As a commercial fishing wife, girlfriend, or mother, do you feel like you spend your life waiting and worrying from one fishing season to the next? Are you frustrated when, just as you get a routine established after your partner heads to sea, it is time for him to come home—and for you to switch gears once again? Do you simultaneously enjoy and grapple with the commercial fishing lifestyle?
You aren’t alone.
Inside the e-book, Captain of Her Crew: The Commercial Fishing Mom’s Guide to Navigating Life at Home, you’ll find advice that will enable you to take the helm and successfully steer your way through challenges like:
• Seeking respite when you are the only parent at home.
• Adapting to the unique commercial fishing lifestyle.
• Involving your children in the family fishing business.
• Surviving without regular communication with your spouse.
• Managing worry and loneliness.
• Encouraging the bond between the at-sea father and the children at home.
• Making a smoother transition between departures and homecomings.
Within the pages of Captain of Her Crew: The Commercial Fishing Mom’s Guide to Navigating Life at Home, writer Jen Karuza Schile shares her lifetime of experience within a fishing family. She addresses the questions and concerns that followers of her blog, Highliners and Homecomings, have sent to her over the past many years.
Readers will discover practical advice for addressing the important and relevant issues that they, as the commercial fishing wives and mothers at home, face on a daily basis. They will grow in admiration and compassion for their spouses, families, and—equally importantly—themselves.